The first half of 2022 has closed with significant breakthroughs of USDC Technology in the data center market. This was immediately recognized in Vietnam Data Center Market – Investment Analysis & Growth Opportunities 2022-2027 report by one of the world’s largest market research store ResearchAndMarkets.com in May 2022. In this report, USDC Technology is positioned as a key participant in Data Center Construction Constructors & Sub-Contractors. This report has been virally shared by some famous specialized websites like Bloomberg, Business Wire, Arizton,…
Covering a detailed overview of several market growth enablers, restraints & trends in the forecast period of 2022-2027, the reports remarkably considers the current scenario of the Vietnam data center market.
According to the report, Vietnam data center market size was valued at USD 511 million in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 751 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.63% during 2022-2027. Here are some highlighted outlooks of the market:
- The Vietnam Government has been making continuous efforts to improve the country’s digital economy. According to Vietnam Digital Communication Association (VDCA) Chairman, around 20% of the digital economy will be accounted for the total GDP of Vietnam by 2025.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the country is witnessing growth in cloud adoption by various industry verticals such as enterprises, government agencies, and education sectors. Therefore, cloud companies such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, and IBM have a presence in the country.
- The Vietnam data center market is highly dominated by telecom operators, followed by colocation operators. In addition, the Vietnam data center market is witnessing the entry of new investors such as Data Center First and Edge Centres, that plan to build data centers in the country.
- Microsoft has set up a point of presence in Vietnam that expects to draw in other big cloud players to invest in the country and expand their reach in the region. This is going to drive Vietnam’s colocation market.
- The availability of increasing investment in renewable energy from solar and wind energy to power data centers is a significant focus area for data center industry players. As of March 2021, according to the Asia Wind Energy Association, the total wind capacity in Vietnam went up to around 537 MW.
- In Vietnam, Free Trade Zones (FTZs) are attracting data center operators to invest in the country by enabling various tax incentives for the data centers constructed in the FTZs. In November 2021, Infracrowd Capital signed MoU to develop a Tier III standard data center facility with Nang IT Park Development with an investment of around $100 million.
VIETNAM DATA CENTER MARKET VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Some of the key investors in the Vietnam data center industry are Viettel IDC, NTT Communication, HTC Telecom International, Data Center First, and Edge Centres in 2021.
- In Vietnam, Viettel IDC, Mobifone, and VNTP are some telecom operators working towards deploying commercial 5G services, with the entire country being covered under 5G.
- In Vietnam, we expect the demand for edge data centers will grow as 5G deployment increases. In May 2022, Edge Centres announced to development of its edge data center facility in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- The data center Infrastructure provider Delta Electronics Vietnam partnered with HTC-ITC to deploy a green data center in Vietnam with a PUE of 1.4, which is 20% lower than other data centers operating in the country.
This report analyses the Vietnam data center market share. It elaboratively analyses the existing and upcoming facilities and investments in IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standards. It discusses market sizing and investment estimation for different segments. The segmentation includes:
- IT Infrastructure
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
- Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Rack Cabinets
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC and CRAH Units
- Chillers Units
- Cooling Towers, Condensers, and Dry Coolers
- Other Cooling Units
- General Construction
- Core & Shell Development
- Installation & Commissioning Services
- Engineering & Building Design
- Fire Detection & Suppression
- Physical Security
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM))
- Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
- IT Infrastructure Provider: Cisco Systems, Dell Technologies, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies, Hitachi Vantara, IBM, Internet Initiative Japan, Juniper Networks, NetApp, NEC Corporation, and Oracle.
- Data Center Construction Constructors & Sub-contractors: Aurecon, Archetype Group, AWP Architects, Apave, Delta Group, GreenViet, Sato Kogyo, and Universal Smart Data Center Technology.
- Support Infrastructure Providers: ABB, Caterpillar, Cummins, Cyber Power Systems, Delta Electronics, Eaton, Fuji Electric, HITEC Power Protection, KOHLER, Legrand, Rittal, Mitsubishi Electric, Schneider Electric, Siemens, STULZ, Trane Technologies, and Vertiv Group.
- Data Center Investors: CMC Telecom, FPT Telecom, HTC Telecom International, NTT Global Data Centers, Telehouse, VNTT, Viettel IDC, and Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT).
- New Entrants: Data Center First and Edge Centres